Skype is one of the most popular video calling tool available on the web for all the users. The developers of Skype have launched it into the market in the year 2003. Since then, this tool has turned out to become the best communication source for most of the people. There are millions of people across the world who stay apart from their families for carrying out their education, career, and other stuff. In such a situation, some of them become nostalgia and homesick sometimes. In order to overcome such circumstances, there are numerous video calling apps that let the users communicate with their beloved ones in the best possible way. Through Skype application, one could easily send text messages, make free voice and video calls.
All these features can be utilized by all the people absolutely for free of charge. However, you must have a decent speed internet connection so as to make Skype calls to your loving buddies. If you are convenient with little payment fee then, you can even make direct calls to mobile phones as well as the landline numbers with much ease. Even after the emergence of innumerable video calling apps, Skype has its prominence and fame among the folks. If you are Skype user then, you might be aware of all the basic features available on Skype.
Most commonly, we use Skype for texting, making video calls and voice calls. This is all that most of the people think Skype is capable of. But, there is something more that you are completely incognizant about Skype. There are some hidden Skype Text Tricks available on this app that enhances the texting experience of all the people. Skype has added up a plethora of features to it in order to render the best GUI experience for its users. As there are some hidden tricks in Skype, there are people who are extremely zealous to find out what they are. We are here to help you in exploring through the funny and best Skype Text tricks that drive your chatting to the next level. Just take a quick glance at the simple Skype Text Tricks listed out in this post.
1. Alter Text Size
On Skype, the default font for the text is Tahoma and the size of the text is 8 pt. If you think that the size of the text is too small then, there is a possibility of changing the font size on Skype. For that, you need to follow the below guidelines:
- Open Skype application. Navigate to Tools >> Options >> IM & SMS >> IM Appearance.
- Once you find the appearance window, you can click on the option that says ‘Change Font’.
- Just click on that button and based on your preference, you can customize the font size and font style as well.
2. Edit Last Message
Most of the times, people send text messages to their friends or colleagues in a hurry. In such a case, your text might comprise of some typos that change the complete meaning of the message. As you have already sent the text message, you might have realized that you made a blunder ultimately. However, you don’t have to worry at all. There is a great Skype text trick that allows the users to edit your last message in a faster way.
- Just hit the ‘Up’ arrow on the screen. The message that you have sent just a few seconds back will display in the edit box.
- You can make the necessary changes and click on ‘Send Message’ option.
- This way, you can resend the edited message without any hassle.
- If you wish to edit the message sometime later then, you can right click on the message and choose the ‘Edit Message’ option.
- In the same way, you can even delete the messages also.
3. Explore within a Skype Conversation
This is the most beneficial feature for all the people who are looking forward to some important discussion on Skype conversation. This might probably happen to almost all the people whilst chatting with their friends or loving ones. You don’t need to scroll down through the complete conversation just for the same of few lines of chat. There is a useful function available on Skype to help such users. All you need to do is open a chat conversation that happened with your friend or family member. Press and hold the keys Ctrl + F and begin the search by entering a specific keyword.
4. Hide Moving Pencil
At the time of chatting with your friend on Skype, you might have come across a moving pencil. When the person with whom you are chatting is typing the text or deleting the text, you can see the moving pencil. If you don’t bother whether they are texting something to you or not, you can simply turn off this particular option.
- In order to hide the typing indicator or the moving pencil, you must go to Tools >> Options >> IM & SMS.
- Click on IM Settings >> Show Advanced Options.
- Last, you need to tick the checkbox option that says ‘Show When I am Typing’.
These are some of the best Skype Text Tricks that become useful while chatting through this excellent tool.