Nowadays smartphone has become a part of our life, we spend more time with our mobile than the surroundings. Mobiles from being used as a portable telephone evolved into powerful devices that can do anything. We are used to taking photos, socially active, chatting, store private information and much more on the smartphone. In the current scenario securing our smartphone is as equally important as securing our home. When we talk about securing devices, the first term that comes to our mind is Encryption. We all know that encryption can be done on some apps like Whatsapp e.t.c. There is a built-in feature to encrypt the whole device in android.
We are used to taking photos, socially active, chatting, store private information and much more on the smartphone. In the current scenario securing our smartphone is as equally important as securing our home. When we talk about securing devices, the first term that comes to our mind is Encryption. We all know that encryption can be done on some apps like Whatsapp e.t.c. There is a built-in feature to encrypt the whole device in android.
With the massive increase in digitalization, much growth in it sector, nowadays security has been given much importance to safeguard our privacy and information. If you tend to use your smartphone to store your private data and other stuff, you should consider encrypting your device.
Also, Read Discord App Download for your windows.
Why You Need Encryption?
Encryption is one of the most efficient ways to get your data secured. Encryption encodes the data (messages or information) such that only parties with authorization can access the data. Encryption converts the plain text into some random code or ciphertext that can only be read by decryption.You need a key to decrypt. In our case to decrypt the device you need a pin or password to access the device.
If you think this is can be achieved with just a pin or password setup, you are wrong. If you take the situation of your device being stolen, the person might be able to access your device data, but decrypting the device would require a lot more expertise and skills as the data will in cipher text. You should consider encrypting your android to avoid tampering.
KeyPoints to have a look before encrypting your device
- When you encrypt your device all your personal data like photos, music, videos, app data, e.t.c on your device will be encrypted, information stored on some application servers won’t be encrypted.
- Once encrypted, you can remove encryption only by doing Factory Reset.
- If you use an old device or device with slow processors, you may face some lag in performance after encryption.
- On rooted devices encryption may cause some issues, unroot your device before you start.
Steps to Encrypt your Android device
Consider the following before you start.
- The device should be fully charged and keep the charger plugged in until the process complete.
- Unroot your device.
- It may take an hour or more or less for the process to complete depending on the device data to encrypt.
- Go to Settings/Security, Find Encrypt. In Marshmallow(Android 6.0) you can directly search for Encrypt in the settings.
- Tap on Encrypt button, it will ask you to enter the passcode or pin. It will ask to confirm once again to encrypt your device. Tap on Encrypt to start the process.
- The device may reboot sometimes during the process, once the process is complete, unlock the device with the passcode or pattern.
It is pretty simple to encrypt your device if you feel there is no need to encrypt, consider every information on your device may threaten you if tampered. Encrypt your device and stay secure from the cyber attacks.
Let us know your thoughts below in comments.