Windows is one of the prevalent platforms for all the people across the globe. When you are working on your PC, you need to make use of some important files. At the same time, your PC might be stored with several useless files in different folders. Most of the people will delete such unnecessary files just by tapping the ‘Delete’ button.
You might presume that the files have removed from your device. If you think in this way then, you are completely on the wrong assumption. If you delete a file using the Delete button, the file won’t get deleted permanently from your device. It simply moves to the Recycle Bin which is located on the desktop of your computer. If needed, you can restore it onto your device. If you don’t want to recover the data once deleted then, you must hinder data recovery and delete the files permanently from your device.
Without sending the deleted files to the Recycle Bin, you must be capable enough of deleting the files permanently. By deleting needless files or data from your device it eventually saves some bytes of storage space on your PC. The users have the ability to make specific settings on their Windows device that shows you some warning prior to the permanent deletion of files. If you want to space the precious storage available on your hard drive, there is a great solution for you guys. In this post, we have provided some excellent ways to permanently delete files from your device. In addition to the simple ways, there are some tools that let the users delete the files permanently from their Windows device. Check it out!
Make Settings on Windows for Permanently Deleting Files
Before heading towards the actual process of deleting the files permanently from your Windows device, just check out the following steps. These steps allow you to make some vital settings on your device. If you follow this process, you can set your PC to ask you whether to delete the file permanently or not before functioning it.
- First of all, go to desktop on your PC.
- Search for Recycle Bin folder on the desktop.
- Simply right click on the folder and scroll down through the list of options. Click on Properties option from the menu of
- Click on Properties option from the menu of the option.
- Under the Properties window, you need to choose the drive for which you wish to delete the files permanently.
- Under the tab of Settings for Selected Location, you need to hit the checkbox of ‘Don’t move files to the Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted.
- Now, you can navigate to the separate drives and choose the files that you don’t wish moving them into the Recycle Bin.
- After that, click on ‘Apply’ button in order to make the changes implemented on your device.
- Hit the Ok button and exit from the Recycle Bin Properties window.
- Once you make this type of setting on your Windows device, the file will be deleted immediately and permanently without moving to the Recycle Bin.
Finally, you have completely set your Windows device to delete the selected files from your device permanently. Another important point to be noted is that once you delete a file now, it becomes a challenging task to recover the deleted stuff back again. So, before heading to delete any file, think twice prior to executing it. If you don’t want to lose the valuable data from your PC, be cautious whilst deleting them permanently from your Windows PC. If you are seeking to revert what all you have done till now, follow the same steps. Instead of selecting the option of not moving the files to Recycle Bin, you should select the Custom Size option. Then, click on Ok Button.
Read Download Discord app for voice comm over gaming
Windows Shortcut to Permanently Delete Files
In this post, we have provided a simple solution to delete the files permanently by making specific settings. If you don’t want to risk with your files on your device, there is an alternative for this problem. You can simply make use of a shortcut that eases the process of deleting the files. If you use the Delete button on your keyboard, the file will be moved to the Recycle Bin without deleting permanently. If you are seeking to avoid the deleted file from moving into the bin, you need to use the shortcut keys. Just press and hold Shift + Delete keys from your keyboard. Once you use these keys, the file will be deleted permanently from your computer. This is the most simple and the best solution for deleting files permanently.
These are the best solutions for the people who are looking forward towards deleting the files permanently from your PC. Get more information through our posts related to the latest technology and tutorials.