Android is the open-source mobile operating system which is quite popular among the mobile user all over the globe. There are a huge number of Android applications available on the web designed and developed by Google, the giant search engine behemoth. The Google developer has launched a plethora of Android applications that eases the usage of Android devices for all the people. You might have several Android apps at hand. But, have you ever through of its developing process? Android App development is one of the leading professions in the current advanced technological world. Most of the people think that for developing any of the Android apps, the developer must have great knowledge and ability for coding. But, there is an app that lets you develop various Android apps that too, without coding. Sounds interesting, right!! Then what are you waiting for? Just read the below article and know more about MIT App Inventor.
What is MIT App Inventor?
MIT App Inventor is an open source application designed and rolled out by Google. Currently, it is under the maintenance of MIT. MIT is an acronym for Massachusetts Institute of Technology. This institute holds the complete rights on MIT App Inventor and helps the users make Android apps out of it. This web application lets the newbies learn computer programming for creating various software applications to operate them on Android devices. The MIT App Inventor is a perfect application for the Android platform users. This specific app makes use of Graphical Interface pretty much identical to Scratch and the StarLogo TNG interface. All you need to know about this App Inventor is that it falls under the application software development category.
By making use of MIT App Inventor, the beginners can learn to develop excellent Android Apps sans having knowledge in coding. The MIT App Inventor is compatible in various languages such as English, Russian and French. This application came into existence in the year 2010 in the month of December. In order to enhance your innovative and creative mind, give a try by developing an Android application. As you might think that developing an Android app is extremely tough and only software developers are eligible for that. If your viewpoint is such then, you are totally on the wrong side. Using MIT App Inventor, it is pretty much simple. Just follow the detailed and in-depth guide about MIT App Inventor app for all the Android loving folks.
Before heading towards the app development, we suggest you know about the minimum system requirements. We are here to assist you in finding the essential system requisites on this post. In order to operate the App Inventor app on your Computer or Laptop, you need to have some things. Check the list here.
- Internet Connection with decent speed. For logging into the cloud-based browser that supports this app, internet connection is mandatory.
- An Authorized Google Account. In order to login into that account, you need to make sure that you have the login credentials handy.
- MIT App Inventor supports Google Chrome 29+ web browser, Firefox 23+, and Safari 5+.
- Last but not least, you should have a working Android smartphone for testing the finally developed Android app.
How to Develop Android Apps using MIT App Inventor?
Here is a detailed guide that aids the ambitious folks for developing Android apps using App Inventor. Begin your first and foremost project by following the easy steps provided below.
- At first, navigate to any of the web browsers as mentioned earlier.
- You can either visit Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari browser.
- Within the search field, you can type App Inventor and head over exploring for it.
- You can view the official website of App Inventor and simply click on it.
- You will redirect to a new page wherein you can find the home page of App Inventor.
- On this page, you can see essential resources and necessary tutorials concerning the MIT App Inventor.
- Just hit the ‘CREATE’ button displayed on the top right corner of the web page.
- Provide your Google Account Login details in the provided fields. The details include Gmail username and password.
- Hit the Sign In button. Now, you have fruitfully accessed the App Inventor App Development page.
- Accept all the terms and policies for this application. Trust us, there is nothing to worry even if you agree the terms.
- You will then land on the page wherein you can hit the New option.
- Enter the name of the Android Project you have decided to create or develop using App Inventor.
- On the design window, you can commence creating the appearance of the app i.e., the User Interface (UI).
- On the left-hand side of the screen, you can discover the Palette.
- This app’s interface is pretty much similar to other visual platforms available on the web.
- You can drag and drop your required components from that panel onto the mock mobile screen.
- Some of the components you can find in the palette include a text box, buttons, labels, media, sensor objects, database connectivity and other things you wish to have on the app to operate.
- You can see the components that are arranged based on their functional type.
- The categories include Basic, Animation, Media, Sensors, Social and a lot more.
- Drag and drop the Text component on the screen and hit Click Me button.
- You can then add the Image Object and label the object similar to the Screen 1.
- Under the dialogue box, click on the button that says ‘Browse’.
- You need to set the Visible property as ‘Hidden’ and width so as to Fill parent.
- Add the functionality to the created objects using Blocks Editor [Java Application].
Coding & Testing
App Inventor requires some amount of actual coding for developing the Android apps.
- In order to test the app, you need to make use of an emulator.
- Click on the ‘New Emulator’ button present on the Blocks Editor window.
- You can then see a window similar to the home screen of a mobile device.
- Drag the green colored lock towards the right for unlocking the device.
You can then add a message below the picture on the My Blocks tab in Block Editor.
This is all you need to know about the process of developing the best Android apps using MIT App Inventor. You can try out using this process and develop an excellent Android app all by yourself.
Also, Read Download discord for chatting while gaming.