Most commonly, we come across this ISO File when you are a system user. In fact, ISO is a standard type of filesystem format which is used for optical disc media. The Linux Build System also known as TurnKey GNU have created the ISO File as a default format. For an optical disc or the type of disk image, the ISO Image can be used. For the ISO image files, the commonly used file extension is .iso. The actual term ISO has been derived from the ISO 9660 file system which is used with the CD-ROM media. We are currently discussing the process of creating bootable USB from ISO Image file. Is it possible to do so? Yes, it is possible to boot the USB drive from the ISO file. If you are seeking to have an ISO file onto the USB drive, you need to boot from it.
It appears as if it is just a straightforward procedure that doesn’t require much effort. Just by copying the ISO file to the USB, you’re done! If you think in that way then, you are completely on the wrong assumption. Sadly, the process of creating bootable USB from ISO is not so easy. Copying a file is completely different from burning an ISO file on to the USB in an accurate manner. Apart from this, burning an ISO to the disc is much more challenging. Luckily, there is a great tool available on the web that helps the users to create bootable USB from ISO file. It is nothing but the Rufus program which is available totally for free of cost. In this post, we have provided an in-depth information about the whole procedure to create bootable USB disk for Windows from ISO. Check it out!
Why Write an ISO to USB Drive?
There are fundamentally 2 different reasons for writing an ISO to the USB drive. One is compatibility and the other is ease of doing this task. If you are seeking to boot the ISO on a PC that doesn’t have a CD drive slot then you can go for this creation of bootable USB procedure. In fact, ISO files are meant for burning to physical CDROM discs. The creation of bootable USB from ISO is a simple and faster procedure compared to other CD discs.
Steps to Create Bootable USB from ISO for Windows 10
In order to create bootable USB from ISO file for your Windows 10 device, we are here to assist you in the best way. For executing this booting process, you need to ensure that the USB drive that you are using as a bootable source is clean sans comprising of vital data or files. It is because, once you start the bootable procedure, it formats the USB drive totally and the crucial files might erase. We strongly recommend you to make use of an empty USB drive. Just follow the simple steps provided below for creating bootable USB from ISO for Windows 10 device.
- First of all, download the Windows 10 Media Creation tool. You can either download the 32 bit or 64-bit tool based on the requirement.
- For checking the Windows type, you can carry out the below step:
Start >> Control Panel >> System Security.
- You can then click on the option that says ‘System’. Immediately, you can check the system specifications displayed on the screen.
- The next step is the installation of the media creation tool and launch the same.
- During the setup process, you can see the question that reads ‘What do you want to do?’
- You can then choose ‘Create Installation Media for Another PC.’ Hit the Next button.
- Select the language, edition, and architecture based on your choice.
- There is a total of 4 type of editions for Windows 10 operating system such s Windows 10 Home Edition, Single Language Edition, Pro Edition and China Edition.
- Pick the appropriate one and then hit the Next button.
- The next step is selecting the media type which can be used for booting Windows 10.
- As this process is about explaining the creation of bootable USB from ISO, you must choose the ISO file and hit the next button.
- The creation of bootable USB from ISO will begin and you can check the progress on the screen.
- Once the installation process completes 100 percent, click on the Next button.
Check out, How to Disable Windows 10 Update?
That’s all! This is the complete procedure that helps the users to create bootable USB drive from the ISO Image file. You can download the Windows 10 Media Creation tool and the ISO file from the direct links provided below in this post. If you have any kind of queries, don’t hesitate to ask us through the comment section provided here. You can even post your valuable feedback regarding our articles and content through the feedback box. For more information related to Bootable USB drive and other tech stuff, stay tuned to this portal.
Also, Read Download Discord Voice Chat for windows.